Less than 48 Hours after the new year, I noticed that what made me happy the past years were goals accomplished on a daily basis.
The determination to produce better outcomes in the family, at working places and in the community, followed by concrete actions with increasing great improvements in the productivity are powerful motivators that could only bring more happiness.
It’s quite shocking to realize that over 7 billions people on earth, an average of only 800 millions start a year with goals they are sure to pursue whatever it takes.
Yet, almost 6 billions and 200 millions people had celebrations about what the new year could bring into their lives, dreaming for the best without proper considerations of what their priorities in the new year will be. And, deciding from the first day of the year to work on making those priorities become real is one of the signs of seriousness.
I selected these 14 motivations declarations for you as worker in any fields to help you be among those to become happy during this year 2019!
1. “Today, thanks to the internet, social media and the constant access we have to information, change takes hold much quicker, which is fantastic for the advancement of society.” (Jamie Bolding, founder and CEO of Jungle Creations)
2. “How we resolve these issues today will shape the world we live in tomorrow: widespread broadband coverage will enable freelancers and telecommuters to work wherever they want.”( Patrice Caine, Thales chairman and CEO)
3. “Even the best arguments sometimes fall on deaf ears. But we should not generalize hastily to the conclusion that arguments always fail. We can learn through practice by reaching out, asking questions, being patient, and giving arguments in our everyday lives.”( Sinnott-Armstrong, Duke’s Walter)
4. “One thing I learned is that you can’t get tied to an idea. Constantly be open to reevaluating your strategy as you obtain new information.”( Marc Lore, Walmart.com’s )
5. “74% of people in America don’t like the job they are doing.” (Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor, filmmaker, businessman, investor, author, philanthropist, activist, politician, and former professional bodybuilder and powerlifter)
6. “The way in which innovation happens now is that you release a basic product and let the market tell you how to make it better.” ( Vivek Wadhwa, Harvard Law School Fellow)
7. “I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy to finishing the only work that mattered to me. Had I really succeeded at anything else, I might never have found the determination to succeed in the one area where I truly belonged.”(JK Rowling, Author)
8. “If you can’t communicate….. nothing happens. You can have all the brainpower in the world, but you have to be able to transmit it,” (Warren Buffett, business magnate, investor, speaker and philanthropist)
9. “Don’t allow anybody to make you feel that you are nobody.” (Martin Luther king Jr, American Baptist minister and Civil rights activist)
10. ” Forget the 80 millions, start with one.” (Maggie Doyne, founder of Blinknow)
10. “If you can’t fly, run. If you can’t run, walk. If you can’t walk, crawl, but by all means, keep moving.” (Martin Luther king Jr, American Baptist minister and Civil rights activist )
11. “Using your unique talent and expertise in a genuine effort to help others is by far the fastest way to strengthen your relationships—and cultivate valuable new ones.” ( Bruce Kasanoff, Park City Think Tank co-founder )
12. “When we’re invested, inspired, and most of all, connected to the right people, we can dream bigger, reach higher, and find the confidence and creativity that comes from being surrounded by similar souls.” (Gina Bianchini, Mighty Networks founder and CEO)
13. “Find role models in the company who you admire or whose career you might want to emulate. The critical thing is to find people who you trust.” (Michele Evans, Lockheed Martin executive vice president)
14. “I choose a word of the year—a word that encapsulates my aspirations for the twelve months ahead.” (Melinda Gates)
Based on the decisions and the actions done since the beginning of this year, where do you see your priorities are?
Once again, Happy New Year 2019 with Faith, Hope and God’s Love to fuel your actions throughout this year.
Hervé Ngaté. Author/Writer